Friday, October 3, 2008

That Chihuahua Movie

Whenever there is an animal movie, the rescue movement worries that people will run out and buy that breed. Because they do. Dalmatians. St. Bernards. You know.

So Best Friends is getting ahead of it by using the Premiere as a teaching moment. Here is what I learned:

Chihuahuas are the 5th most-posted breed of dog for adoption on Petfinder (after Labs, Shepherds, Pit bulls and mixes of those breeds).

So I am doing my part by posting their ad, above. And you can read more about it here.

I will not be going to see this movie.

1 comment:

Fluffycat said...

I have a friend who wanted to rescue a small dog, and she said the only ones she could find for a while were chihuahuas. This was around when Taco Bell was running all those commercials with the talking chihuahua. She ended up with a poodle/maltese mix. I shudder to think of there being even more chihuahuas at the shelters after this movie.