Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lunch at Starbucks

I walked over to Wendy’s for lunch, but the line was headed out the door. Crossed the street to that Italian place it found it had closed. I didn’t feel like hiking to Corner Bakery on the off chance there was a table available at that time of day. So I went in to Starbucks.

I had heard that they had expanded the menu to try to bring in the lunch crowd, but I was not optimistic. I ordered the cup of oatmeal and a passion fruit iced tea and picked up a fruit and cheese tray. It was $8 and change.

It was a pretty small serving of oatmeal, but it came with dried fruit, nuts or brown sugar. I just went with brown sugar. The oatmeal was more solid and less watery, which is how I like it, but I know some people like to drown oatmeal in milk. I was good and hot.

The cheese was fine, the grapes were questionable. The apple was not cored properly, which is a big pain when they do not offer up proper utensils. Have you ever tried to cord an apple with a plastic spoon? It was also served with a few slices of some kind of bread that looked like the organic version of a Christmas fruit cake. That is about how it tasted, too.

Verdict: This worked in an “emergency situation”, but I will not by any means be making a habit of it.

No comments: