Friday, October 31, 2008

Pleasant Surprise

I live with a dog, a cat, an African Grey parrot, and lately am fostering a Goffin's Cockatoo. No, I will not be able to get them all in one picture. I buy most of my pet supplies online from Drs. Foster and Smith. Their prices are generally competitive, their selection is good and they are located in Wisconsin. Which means no sales tax, but delivery is still overnight to me in Illinois.

Upromise, the company that makes contributions to your college savings for shopping with preferred vendors, has Foster and Smith on its list. These vendors sometimes have special deals for Upromise customers. The one I used the other day was $10 off a $100 order. It makes me happy because there is no free shipping from this place. I am a total sucker for free shipping. The order went through and the promotion code was reflected in my confirmation.

When I received the box today, the invoice had a note saying that because I had previously used that promotion code, it was not applied to this order. I was pretty ticked.

I hit reply on the order confirmation and wrote a very civilized letter "respectfully requesting a credit of $10" to my credit card.

Two hours later, at 7pm on a Friday night, I received a reply. They gave me the $10 (a "one-time exception") and an apology that the promotion was not more clear.

I will take that.

No comments: