Friday, October 17, 2008

The Worst Thing Ever Invented by Educators

The Open Book Essay Exam.

I am pleased to say that I never fell for the Open Book trick - I was never all excited by the prospect or allowed myself to be less prepared because "you have all the answers in front of you!" These exams are always harder. Always.

I took my proctored final this morning. Totally choked, but managed an 86. Then I went to work. Then I came home to do the Take Home Open Book Essay Portion.

I started at 4 or so. Stopped for an hour to eat dinner and let the birds out to play. Finished at 10:00. That is like a full week's written assignments. Not cool.

Because I knew I would be done today, I volunteered to do a library event tomorrow morning. Right after my allergy shot. And we are meeting my grandfather for dinner. My next class starts in a week and I still have to take the pre req math tutorial.

I am going to take a shower and go to sleep. I promise to be in a better mood in the morning.

No comments: