Thursday, May 20, 2010

30 Day TV Meme - Day 03

Day 03 - Your favorite new show (aired this t.v season)

Hm.  I already suck at this meme.  I didn't pick up any new shows this year.  I saw a few episodes of The Good Wife, which looked really good.  I have several friends that won't shut up about Glee, but I haven't seen it yet.  I caught a couple nights of NCIS: Los Angeles, that was nice.  But really, there isn't anything that rocked my world the way Lost, or 24, or ER or The West Wing did.

I guess the closest thing for me is True Blood.  It isn't in the first season in real time, but I picked up the first season on DVD and it grabbed me. 


True Blood is all raunchy and violent in an HBO TV show way.  Joy tried to warn me, but I didn't listen.  It was, however, nasty.  In spite of that fact, I thought that the writer created a half decent vampire world with several characters worth watching.  And some things were rather scary.  Vampire Justice, for example, I find terrifying. 

I don't know how long HBO can keep this up, particularly as its script diverges from the Charlaine Harris novels.  But I am all up for Season Two.

2 comments:

Sandrine said...

I love true blood. In fact my sister and I have got a bit of a thing going with the guy who plays Eric on our blog... One piece of good news: season 3 is starting next month and in the first episode, you get to see him naked! But Glee is great too - you should watch it.

utter_scoundrel said...

Community. The pilot was kinda "meh" for me, so I didn't watch it for a few months. But lately I've watched it again and its really gotten stronger. If Hulu still has it up, go watch the "Modern Warfare" episode.