Saturday, May 29, 2010

30 Day TV Meme - Day 12

Day 12 - An episode you’ve watched more than 5 times
I am embarrassed to say there are several episodes of several television shows that I have watched more than five times. I watched the Christmas episode to Studio 60 three times just this year. I have probably watched the Lost pilot five times already. But for sheer quantity, I am thinking it is the Season Four Premiere of M*A*S*H.

It is the one after Henry Blake dies, but before Colonel Potter arrives. Hawkeye comes back from R&R to find that Trapper John went home - about two hours before. Radar is going to pick up the new guy (that would be BJ Hunnicutt), so Hawkeye hitches a ride with him to see if he can catch Trapper and say goodbye. Oh! It's called "Welcome to Korea" I think.

It is a very extended episode that bonds Hawkeye and BJ right away, which was completely necessary since they are all BFF for the rest of the series. It does well by the character of Trapper John, as the writers did not know that the actor wasn't coming back at the end of Season 3. And in the last 20 seconds, we get the introduction to Potter. It was fabulous.

1 comment:

utter scoundrel said...

Lots of "Angel" episodes, specifically the series finale. I had a roommate a few years ago who thought I was gay for David Boreanaz.