Tuesday, May 18, 2010

30 Day TV Meme

My LJ friend darth_kittius found this meme, and I think I can talk about TV every day for about a year.


Day 01 - A show that should have never been canceled


It is practically cheating to have this one first, as I just finished my marathon of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.  That show had everything: fab-u-lous ensemble cast, Aaron of the Snappy Dialogue Sorkin and Not about Cops or Doctors.  Launched at the apex of American Idol and Survivor, it never had a chance.

I also wish Twin Peaks had lasted longer.  I wasn't watching while it was on the air, but I devoured it when the DVDs were first released.  Agent Cooper or Sheriff Harry S. Truman?  Hmm.  And as if I weren't already afraid of Piper Laurie, she was a totally different kind of scary.

Oh! And Daria.  The animated MTV series.  I just ordered that on DVD, so there will be more discussion on that one. 

(sigh).  How is it that people can watch reality TV?

3 comments:

utter_scoundrel said...

I thought about doing that meme on my lj until I saw some of the topics. I'd lose my one remaining Man Card if I posted about my favorite kiss.

So I'll confine my thoughts to your blog. A show that should have never been canceled: Millennium and Arrested Development.

Fluffycat said...

In regards to Twin Peaks lasting longer... I started watching it when it came out, and then once Bob was revealed, there was some shark jumpery going on. It got weird. I'm sure if I watched it now, my thoughts would be different but at the time I was just turned off by the direction it was going in.

Anne said...

Hm. Twin Peaks clearly got goofy after the Bob reveal. However, I suggest that may have been the sophomore slump - and the show was cancelled before Lynch could write his way out of it.

I never watched Millenium, but I saw enough Arrested Development to recognize its charm. If it would just find a normal schedule in syndication...