Thursday, May 27, 2010

30 Day TV Meme - Day 10

Day 10 - A show you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

NCIS. A couple of years ago, USA became the after-work network in my house. I loved House and my mother loved NCIS.

So. Very. Formula.

Cranky, badass, middle-aged Navy cop. Doesn’t like anyone, but is very kind to puppies and small children. His field crew consists of the goofy Number 2, the techie geek and the girl. Then you have the wise old coroner and the…wait…is that a Goth chick in the lab? Cool.

In my head, it was “that Mark Harmon show my mother watches” until it became “that Mark Harmon show with the Goth scientist” until one day I realized I had seen this episode before. Twice.

It's more addictive than pistaschios.

2 comments:

utter scoundrel said...

The US version of the office. I was a big fan of the original.

The first ep was a line-for-line remake of the UK pilot and the rest of the first season was meh. Then season 2 came along and the show improved 200%. It and season 3 are the best its ever been.

Anonymous said...

I love it too, as does my mother. But she calls it Navy CSI...

Kris Dahlberg